Brain has tendency to move around. Autopilot is default game. We keep moving arount hurt, pain, loss, or dreams. It is easy for brain to do it. Focus on one thing is difficult. That’s why multi tasking so easy. In mobile world, attention deficit is so common. With age time barriers reduces so we feel lost what to do what not to do.
Here are some thoughts on it
- Habits: Habits are like hard rope. Move around them. Mind work around them unconsciously. They are hard to break. It is better to silently insert good habits in mind so that it does not feel overloaded.
- Reduce Multitasking : Try to focus on one thing at a time
- Hyperfocus time : Create slots of hyper focus of small durations. Activity like writing, meditation, walking. Planning. Cleaning, cooking , or thinking. It is coherence activity in that area. We go deeper in some field single minded. Slot should be time bound and have pick up time and time to slow down like we have in gym.
- Creative slots: Creative slots are about giving brain its test. New area to be explored like grammar lesson, New dish , new painting, new blog, new song, new street, new city to trael, new culture, or new book.
- Meditation : Mind is wondering world. Give time to settle it and focus on life purpose or top 4 goals. Attention is knowing own shit. We waste our life in small things which hardly matters in end.
It is not that we done have enough time. We don’t know how to use it effectively. Lets improve our effectiveness by focusing more on right things.